My dear friend Alice sent me a message in October asking me "what do you think are the top three or five things that are important to you or things about your relationship with god that strikes and holds you? Im working on a little project and need some inspiration"
I had to stop and really think about it for a minute. Anyways, this was the (long) answer I came up with...
Okay, so to your questions. The top three or five things that are important to me about my relationship with God that strikes and hold me? Hmmmm. That is a good question! Well I'd be lying if I didn't say that our relationship has been through some tough times the last while. I feel like I could tell you more about what makes it a struggle right now! ;) The thing about it is that even when I am stressed out of my mind and angry about my circumstances, I still have this reassurance in the deepest place of my heart that God is in control and He's got it all figured out. He just KNOWS what I'm going through and even though it sucks and it hurts and it feels so unfair, I KNOW its all happening for a reason and there is a *plan*. I think that is one of the biggest things that strikes me, and holds me, is knowing that He truly does hold me and loves me enough to allow me to pass through the hard times to help me grow. There is definitely no growth without challenging circumstances, thats for sure. I guess the other thing that strikes me is that He allows us to make our own choices, our own free will. I believe that He already knows what we're going to choose, and He has formed His plan around what we choose, but at the end of the day, I get to choose for myself how I want to live my life, and whats important to me. I get to choose whether or not I even believe in His existence, or if I do, I get to choose how to live that out. He doesn't just give orders and make everyone comply, and I think that is incredible. Its a huge gift and a huge burden. ;) I guess one more thing that strikes me is His faithfulness. We live in a world that is so broken, and the people are often so mean spirited and ugly, nobody's word means anything these days (and I'm sure I'm even guilty of that too!) and to know that when I read the Bible and see God's word and His promises I can trust and know that He will do what He says and He is faithful to deliver. He is faithful to meet my needs and I have so many stories in my life where I have seen His hand, and I can see His provision and care for me. Its nice to have someone who's always in my corner and loves me with a perfect, unconditional love. He knows all of me, even the ugly, brokenness I try to hide from everyone else, He knows every awful thought and He still considers me His child, and never turns His back on me... what more could you want? :)
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment