Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Its Been A While

Well, I decided I should probably post on here. I haven't posted in a while and a lot has been going on. My last real post was in May, which seems forever ago now.

We stopped watching our friends daughter Emmie in May, not long after my last post. Sadly, there was a falling out with them, their choice not ours, and they are no longer our friends. :( It still saddens me when I think about it, because I do have many fond memories with Casey, but as I said, it was not my choice.

Joel started getting unemployment, finally! We were originally told by the VA people that Joel couldn't get unemployment, but come to find out from a navy friend who got out of the service, he could get it. So that has been a HUGE blessing. It came *right* at the perfect time. He's actually making more money sitting at home on unemployment than I make going to work everyday. Lame huh? Lol. It amuses me and I give him a hard time about it, but I'm just thankful for the extra money.

On the 4th of July, we ran a mile in the Yankee Doodle Dash in Everett. Its a run put on by the YMCA. So that was really fun! I was super nervous at first, but it ended up being so fun. And the finish line was glorious. :) It totally made me envision the finish line at the end of this life, and how glorious it will be to enter Heaven. :)

Joel and I before the race <3

Ellie, Joel, Me, Ben & Scot :)

Just this week our car died on us. We knew it was needing some attention, as we didn't even change the oil for like 7 months. :-/ Thats what happens when you're poor though. So, my uncle helped Joel change the oil, and then this week we had to take it to the shop. It stopped starting. But the guy at the shop never found any real reason for the lack of starting, just that the computer in the car was sending an auto shutdown message, whatever that means. So he changed the "relay" that sends that message, so hopefully it will be fixed. We also had to get the rear brakes replaced, which we also knew needed. He told us that we will probably need a new radiator for the car, but thats like $600, so that will have to wait a little longer. I love our jeep though, I will be sad when we ever have to get rid of it. We borrowed my Grandpa's old rusty truck while our car was in the shop. ;) I say rusty in love of course. ;) It was a 73 Chevy something. It literally has some moss growing on the side, ohhh man. :) It was a way different experience than driving our jeep, but pretty fun actually. :)

I took that new infant position at work, started it the end of May, and so far I love it. It does hurt my back dealing with the babies, but I love it. The babies are so sweet and its fun getting to know the babies and families. :) I actually have one little baby in my room that is so sweet, but my heart just goes out for him. He struggles with severe constipation (which I can relate to!) and I just have been so worried about him. I was talking to his mom about it one day, and she said that everytime she mentioned it to the doctor that the doc just said it was his diet and never really helped him at all, so the mom just didn't really know what to do and didn't do anything. :( So I suggested she find a new doctor, because they cannot just let it go and have him being so constipated all the time. I mean, this kid would SCREAM and cry all day trying to poop and wouldn't poop. He only even pooped once or twice in a week, and they were usually HUGE and super hard. :( Just breaks my heart. So he finally has a new doctor and is on stool softener (and they're re-assessing him in 2 months after he's more cleared out) and is going more often, so that makes me glad. I guess its stuff like that that I love about my job. Just that I can help them. :) Especially I guess I just feel special about this particular case because I struggled with constipation my whole childhood, until I was 19 years old! And I know what thats like, and it just feels good to help this kid get help. :) So that was my long ramble, lol.

What else is new? Well.... we're going back to Indiana in TWO WEEKS! I can hardly wait. Literally this time two weeks from now, we'll be in Indiana. :) I know its going to go by super fast once we're back there and that parts sad. I'm just so excited! Ready for a vacation, I'm tired of getting up at 5am everyday! I'm ready to hang out with family and friends back there, and I'm *super* excited for Eric & Alissa's wedding. :)

This weekend Joel and I are going camping with my family. Friday after I get off work we're driving roughly 5 hours to Concunully, which is in NE Washington. My family is heading over there tomorrow. I'm so excited. It will be nice to go camping, it will be our first time camping together since we've been married. We've tried to go before but it never worked out. I'm just looking forward to it. :)

Well, I have to end this, I have a wonderful staff meeting to head off to. Fun fun!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

FINALLY! ;) Im so glad to get a Becca-Joel update! It cracked me up when I read about borrowing your grandpa's truck with moss growing on it!! Haha!! My Dad has a Chevy truck, too, it's like a '79...so I feel your pain!! Im glad you were able to help that little baby and his mom! Poor little guy. God must have put you in his room for a reason! :D

Joel and Becca said...

Lol, yeah it has been a while!! I'm hoping to get back on the blogging train and write more often, at least a couple times a month! ;)