Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Interview!!

Some good news: Joel has a job interview on Monday. Its for a retirement community (we think thats what it is) to be an "assistant handyman". It pays $12/hr which isn't bad and Joel has experience doing a lot of the things from working back home prior to the Navy. So, here's praying. :o)



Also I feel like saying that I am still sick! Not as bad I guess, but I'm still congested and I've had a super runny nose and still somewhat of a cough. So I don't get that. I've been on meds since Saturday, so possibly maybe I do have allergies? I don't know. I'm gonna keep taking my meds and if I need to I'll go back in and get it all figured out. I'm really just hoping the meds will take care of the rest of these symptoms. I have had more energy though, not feeling as drained as I was. Still tired a lot, but thats pretty common since I've been getting up early for work, and working with toddlers currently, which are the most physically exhausting in my opinion. I am happy to say, that so far I have lost three pounds. Which I know isn't much, but its a start. I've been weighing myself on Sundays (for the last couple weeks), and I'm anxious to see what the scale says this Sunday. I have a goal weight in mind and I would love to accomplish that by this summer, so we'll see. I've been working out, I'm wearing a pedometer around so I can see how many steps/miles I'm going each day, and I've been watching my calories and keeping a record of what I eat. Its a lot of work, but I'm hoping it will pay off. I really just want to be happy with my body again, and I haven't been for a while. Its something thats really important to me, and it makes me feel better about life knowing I'm working towards something that is good for me. To be stronger, and to be in shape. Plus, I've noticed that when I work out more often, my back doesn't hurt as much. *bonus!* :) Also, its been so nice out the last few days, I went for a walk with Felicia which was nice. :o) Joel and I are planning to start going running in the evenings and possibly Saturdays, so that will be good too. I used to have pretty strong endurance for running, but after my back surgery I didn't really run anymore, so it will be good to start that up again. :)

Anyways, thats just what we're up to now. We're still very much looking forward to our trip to Indy in the summer. I'm counting the weeks. :)

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Wow!! 3 pounds IS a lot! That is great Becca!! WOOHOO! Keep it up!
I hope the interview goes well. My first job was in a retirement home. I worked in the dining room! It wasn't so bad. I hope Joel gets the job!!

Steve said...

good luck on that interview... sounds like a promising lead.

Shawna said...

How did that interview go for Joel?!